Did you know that when a song you wrote is downloaded or streamed, stores are required to pay you — the writer — a publishing royalty known as a mechanical. The problem is they don’t know who you are.
Why should I choose TuneCore to be my Publishing Administrator?
In order to receive your songwriter music publishing royalties around the world (a royalty separate from the distribution royalties you already receive through TuneCore) you would need to sign up with over 100 societies and notify dozens of digital stores. This would cost you thousands of dollars in sign up fees and require you to fill out paper registration forms for each entity (often in different languages). With our service, you pay a one-time $75 signup fee and your songs are electronically registered with all societies and digital stores worldwide within two weeks! You as a songwriter/artist should spend your time creating, not pushing paper. We distribute for you and now we can administer your copyrights as well!
Since we already receive sales reporting/accounting for your distribution sales money, we can use that existing data to ensure you receive the proper songwriter royalties for mechanicals. The same song IDs used to distribute your releases to stores are also used to track and report royalties owed to the songwriter, so we automatically have an audit trail of how much money you are owed as a songwriter. No other service in the world provides efficient royalty tracking like us!
Features Included In The Service
- You, the Songwriter, keep full ownership of everything.
- We audit Publishing earnings and match them up with your Distribution earnings for accurate accounting of downloads and streams.
- Get detailed quarterly accounting statements in your TuneCore account.
- In house creative team to actively pitch your compositions and master recordings for use in Film, TV, Video Games, Commercials and more.
- Get in-house staff to issue licenses (and quotes if requested) for your songs, including mechanicals, print, synchronization or any other licenses needed for your songs (when requested by sources).
- Ability to add more songs at a later date or add non-TuneCore distributed songs at no extra cost to you!
We register every composition you submit with the societies and digital stores in over 60 countries.
- If you are affiliated with ASCAP, BMI, SESAC or SOCAN, no problem! You can remain a member with them and join our service – TuneCore collects royalties in addition to what they collect (all income types – not just performance).
- If you are not affiliated with ASCAP, BMI, SESAC or SOCAN (and you should be) the one-time signup fee covers any additional fees that would be necessary to affiliate with a PRO.
NOTE: TuneCore Publishing Administration Service will not commission, or deduct, your Publishing royalties for downloads in US & Latin America, since you are already receiving those through your TuneCore Distribution accountings (for self-releases).